Audience overview gives you a glance of user metrics. When you log into your Google Analytics and view a property, by default the audience overview will be displayed. In the audience overview, you will see a line graph of sessions over the last 30 days. Each dot on the graph shows you how many sessions were reported that day. You can move your mouse over each dot for the exact number of sessions for each date. You can also change it from day to hourly, week or month. You can also change the date range from 30 days to however many days, months or years you’d like to look at.
Below the line graph, you’ll see metrics for the following:
1. Sessions – total number of sessions to your site
2. Users – total number of unique users to your site
3. Pageviews – total number of pages viewed by users
4. Pages per Session – average number of pages viewed per session
5. Average Session Duration – average session length of all users
6. Bounce Rate – percent of single-page sessions
7. New Users – percent of total users who visited your site for the first time
You’ll also find a pie chart of new and returning users and some dimensions about your users such as language, country/territory, city, browser, operating system, service provider, mobile screen resolution and more. There are many other audience reports you can take a look at such as: Demographics, Interests, Geo, Behavior, Technology, Mobile, Custom and Users Flow.