The Ultimate Guide to Getting Free Website Hits
Sunday, October 15th, 2023
Getting free website hits can be a challenge, but it is not impossible. There are many different ways that you can get traffic to your website, and most of them are free. You can use social media sites like Facebook and Twitter to generate traffic, or you can submit your website to article directories and other online directories. You will also want to make sure that your website is search engine optimized so that it will show up in the search engine results pages.
- What is a website hit
- How to get free website hits
- Ways to use social media for traffic generation
- Ways to submit your site to article directories and other online sites
- Creating an optimized website that will show up on search engine results pages (SEO)
- Free tools for SEO optimization, such as Google’s Search Console and Bing Webmaster Tools
What is a website hit
When you visit a website, it counts as one ‘hit’. Your website hits represent how many times your site has been visited by others.
There are several ways that you can boost the number of visits to your site and increase overall traffic by getting more hits. You can use social media sites like Facebook and Twitter to boost your exposure to potential visitors, or you can submit your website to article directories and other online directories. You will want to make sure that your site is search engine optimized (SEO) so that it appears higher up on the results pages when people perform searches using certain keywords related to content on your site. It’s also important for users who view your website without an account because those individuals won’t see the posts in their news feed and therefore won’t be able to see your website content. You can use social media plugins that send your posts to users’ feeds so they will not only visit your site, but also follow you when they like what they see.
Ways to use social media for traffic generation
1) Create a Facebook page and add a ‘Like’ button with a counter on it so people can show their support by liking and sharing your website with others. Each time someone likes or shares your page, the count increases by one. People who come across it through another user’s post will then click through to see more of your site. You can also create a Twitter account and link it up with your website in order to get traffic.
2) Use Facebook advertising so your posts get noticed by a larger number of people. You can target ads directly to people who live in certain locations and who have interests related to what you talk about on your site, which increases the chances that they will be interested in what you offer and therefore click on your ad instead of someone else’s.
3) Post interesting and informative content frequently and ask users to like or share it if they enjoyed reading it. Since this is a social network, most people expect the posts they see on their feed to be things that they would be interested in. If you post too many promotional posts without anything else (like an introduction or an interesting fact), people will not want to follow you because it’s just a waste of their time.
4) You can also host giveaways using social media sites that require people to sign up at your page in order to participate. You can ask for basic information from them so you have a better chance of staying connected with the people who visit your site and continue following you after the promotion is over. If someone likes what they see on Instagram, for example, they might come back another day if there is something else interesting enough for them to see.
Ways to submit your site to article directories and other online sites
1) There are many different types of article directories where you can add original content related to the topics that interest users. This will allow you to connect with a larger audience who is interested in the topics that your website is about. Staying connected with these people after they have visited your site can also help you generate more traffic because they might come back later on when you post something new.
2) There are social bookmarking sites where people share links to their favorite websites, which means there are lots of different options for sharing your own content as well. The higher up the page that your submissions show up, the more users will see them and therefore click over to your site. You can submit frequently updated links or create an article directory account so you can upload files directly to the site instead of having to link out to another place online. Another option is to create an online store on one of these sites that users can visit to buy something you offer. You can then put links on your site that link back to the pages where you post about your products so people who come from the article directories might consider checking out what you have for sale as well.
3) There are many social media messaging services that allow you to promote your business by sending direct messages or posts to specific groups of people based on their interests, location and other criteria. For example, if someone is following a particular person’s updates, there is a chance they will want to check out websites recommended by them as well. If a user follows a company, it’s more likely they will be interested in checking out their website as well.
4) Optimize your website for search engines by using meta tags and descriptions that accurately describe what your site is about and what people will find when they visit it. You can also create profiles on different sites that allow you to post updates, which will allow users who have liked the page to see those posts in their newsfeeds. If there are links from these posts back to your website, this means more traffic coming through as well.
5) There are many different social media websites people can use to share interesting links with one another. This allows you to ask them directly for a link instead of trying to figure out how to do it yourself through online forms or automated tools. People expect a personal response if they ask you for something, which is why it’s worth your time to do this.
6) Finally, create an email list so you can send out updates directly to people who have given you their email addresses. You’ll be surprised at how many people are interested in following your website but might not be visiting it online frequently enough for you to notice them. Use marketing tools like AWeber or MailChimp that will allow you to automate the process of sending emails out on a regular basis since users expect them on specific days of the week or month. If they signed up, there is a good chance they are expecting these messages as well.
Creating an optimized website that will show up on search engine results pages (SEO)
When you’re creating a website, one of the most important things you can do is make sure that it’s optimized for search engines. This means including certain keywords and phrases on your pages that people might use when they’re looking for information related to the topics you cover. You can also use meta tags and descriptions to give potential visitors a better idea as to what they’ll find on your site.
Making sure your website is easy to navigate is another key factor in getting it seen by more people online. Visitors are much more likely to stay on a website that’s easy to use and provides the information they’re looking for. Having clear and concise headlines will also help users understand what your page is about without having to read the entire thing. Another feature you can offer on your site is a FAQ section where users can ask questions and get answers from you directly.
Free tools for SEO optimization, such as Google’s Search Console and Bing Webmaster Tools
There are a number of free tools that SEO professionals can use to help them with their efforts. One such tool is Google’s Search Console, which allows webmasters to check how their website is performing on Google search results pages. They can see how their website is doing in terms of visibility, organic search traffic and how their pages are ranked. This allows you to pinpoint issues with your website and fix them as soon as possible.
Another tool is Bing Webmaster Tools, which will allow you to do the same thing but for Bing results pages instead. You can check keywords that are relevant to your business and see how well they’re performing and find out how much traffic they’re sending to your site each month. This information will help you make better decisions moving forward, such as whether or not certain keywords should be used in titles or body text on your pages.
Creating a website and making sure it’s search engine optimized is just one step in getting more website hits. You’ll also want to make sure that your site is easy to navigate and provides users with the information they’re looking for. Additionally, using social media platforms and email lists are great ways to generate traffic to your website. Utilize free tools like Google’s Search Console and Bing Webmaster Tools to help you optimize your website for better visibility online.
Filed under: Tips & Tricks