The 3 essentials of a good web design
Tuesday, May 30th, 2017
There are many aspects of a good web design. But three essentials which a web designer has to keep in mind are the:
- The Aesthetic sense of a design.
- The Interface sense of a design.
- The Content sense of a design.
A perfect web design is a well-balanced script of these primary senses. A discussion is ensued about these three aspects which all good web designers are aware of:
- The Aesthetic sense is about making your website look perfect in terms of color and typography. Every website conveys a particular message to its viewers. The aura of the website should be such that it should complement the message that the writer or the owner is trying to convey. Every color has its own message. The colors you use to paint the website should match the central idea or theme of the website. It is like wrapping up a gift. The perfect designer will take care about the gift wrap: its color and style. You do not send a silk shirt in a milk carton with picture of a cow on it. It simply spoils the first impression. People usually do not surf the web with a lot of patience. The best web designer will attract its viewers as he enters the landing page. Classifying and understanding the taste of target audience is also very necessary in this aspect. The difficult part of aesthetic sense of web design is that you cannot copy others. You can take an idea from another website and develop on it. Relying blindly on the happening trends may not assure success.
- The Interface sense of your website deals with viewer’s interaction with the website. Components like forms, menus, tabs are some of the user interface part. The web designer has to be prudent in this section also. Asking the viewer to fill up long forms containing various details that are redundant for the first time visitor has been rejected by many professionals. You can ask for some vital contact information like name and email address so that he can be communicated with newsletters and discount coupons at a later date. Registration to the website should be a form with maximum of three lines. A prefect interface should be easy to use on the viewer’s part and effective on the seller or blogger’s part.
- The Content sense of a web design is also called Information design. In this section, the designer needs to display a huge amount of information in packets which are easy to understand and quick to download. Video storytelling has become an effective way of content design. Organizing the content nicely in a lucid language is very important. The language of communication should be completely comprehensive to the target audience. The message should be clear. If you are offering a discount, then you need to mention the date till it is valid. This will create a sense of urgency among the buyers resulting in some immediate sales. Also, it will save them from using it at a later date resulting in dissatisfaction.
Are you in need of website traffic to your website or business? Receive free website hits to your site today by signing up to 10KHits!
Filed under: Tips & Tricks
Tags: design, web design, website, website design, website designer