Guide on How to Write SEO-Friendly Articles
Friday, January 3rd, 2020
Every business with a website out there has wondered on how to get more traffic to their website. Sure, your business is great and everyone will be happier if they used your products. However, how are people going to use your products if your website does not even show up in the Google search. Optimizing your website content for search engine result so that you appear on the top is what SEO is all about. If you are on the main page of the search engine, more people are likely to click on your website and maybe even become customers.
Now you know that SEO friendly content can be a make or break for your website, following the steps below will help you to master the art of writing SEO friendly content.
Topic & A Catchy Title: Before writing anything, you have to decide a topic. It should be unique and interesting to make the user want to read it. You should write about something that you know well about and your intended user will also be interested in. Once you have the topic, come up with a good title. You can use tools such as Buzzsomo to help you in selecting a title that is interesting but at the same time not overdone. In the title name make it:
- Arouse curiosity
- Solves a problem
- Involves social media element
Keywords Are Still Important: Many people look down on the use of keywords; however, they are not dead at all. Do not overstuff with keywords but use words that are directly related to your subject.
- Latent Semantic Indexing: Rather than focusing of number of times keywords are used in text, focus on LSI. These are basically synonymous, phrases, words and other texts closely related to your keywords that the users are using to search. You can use tools such as Linkio for LSI keywords.
- Competitors Keywords: In order to make yourself seen and still be unique, it is at times important to see what keywords are getting results for the competitors. You can do it manually on Google or use SEMrush.
Importance of Introduction: Many times despite attracting the attention of the users, the website is unable to retain them. People are short on time and they skim through the introduction to see if they like it. Keep the introduction simple and bring in humor to hook the reader. Use something that the readers can relate to and it resonates with them.
Structuring of the Content: Google ranks higher worded content higher than smaller content, however that does not mean you use a boring layout. In order to write effective SEO articles use:
- Use headers, subheader, and bullets. Pay attention to alignment and font sizes.
- Provide links to previous content (interlinking).
- Make the content shareable.
- Make lists and short paragraphs.
- Avoid using clichés.
- Use images and videos to keep users engaged. Optimize them using ALT text in description.
By following the above guide-less, your content will be search engine friendly and driving traffic to your website in no time.
Need a traffic boost for your website or blog? Get free website visitors to your site today at 10KHits!
Filed under: Tips & Tricks
Tags: articles, free website visitors, search engine optimization, seo, web visits, website visitors, write seo