7 Ways to Get More Likes and Shares on Social Media
Thursday, December 1st, 2022
You want more people to see your content? You need traffic, and the best way to earn it is to use social media.
Unfortunately, many of us never take advantage of this crucial opportunity because we don’t know how or where to start. That’s why I’ve put together a list of seven simple ways you can get more likes and shares on social media. Let’s explore them now.
- What is social media and why should you get on it
- How to get followers
- How to get likes and shares on your posts
- Ways to get traffic to your website free from social media
- Social media mistakes that you need to avoid
What is social media and why should you get on it
So, what is social media? Social media is an umbrella term for websites and applications that allow users to create and share content with other users. This can include text, photos, videos, and audio. The most popular social media platforms are Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
Why should you get on social media? There are many reasons why you should join the world of social media. First, it’s a great way to connect with friends and family. You can also stay up-to-date on current events, find out about new products and services, and learn new things. Additionally, social media can help you promote your business or brand and reach a wider audience.
How to get followers
- Search for people and brands you already know and like by scrolling through the “following” tab on Twitter or Instagram, or visiting your LinkedIn network.
- Join communities in Facebook groups and post relevant content that’s interesting to them in order to gain followers.
- Share content on social media that is high quality, relevant to your brand or niche, and contributes value to others.
- Create a Twitter list which contains users who share similar content to yours. You should also create lists for other popular hashtags like #travel or #fashion. That way you can easily monitor what they’re sharing without having to ‘follow’ them all individually.
- Attend conferences, meetups, and networking events where there are likely to be people in your industry who will be interested in following you on social media.
- Stay active on social media by posting frequently (at least once per day), responding to comments, and liking content shared by other users you follow.
How to get likes and shares on your posts
- Share content that is high quality, relevant to your brand or niche, and contributes value to others.
- Make sure your posts are visually appealing by using interesting images and videos, and formatting text in a catchy way.
- Write headlines that capture attention and make people want to read more.
- Use hashtags related to your post topic in order to increase the reach of your content.
- Tag other users in your posts who are likely to share it with their followers.
- Ask questions and encourage discussion in order to get people engaged with your content.
- Share personal stories and experiences that will resonate with your audience.
- Use Twitter’s mobile app or bookmarklet to easily share content that you find online with your followers and encourage them to do the same!
- Utilize LinkedIn groups and Facebook pages by sharing posts and asking questions related to industry-specific topics and events. This will engage your audience and drive people back to your website, where they can learn more about what you offer as a business or brand.
- Make sure links in your social media bios are working correctly so people can easily click on them if they’d like to visit your site.
- Utilize social media automation tools like Buffer and Hootsuite so you can easily share content with less effort and maintain a consistent presence across all of the platforms you participate in.
- Post videos directly to YouTube and share them across all of your other social channels so more people see it and visit your website. This is especially helpful if you have an active YouTube channel that allows users to subscribe to receive notifications when you post new videos. You should also use relevant hashtags in the title, description, and tags of your videos.
- Utilize Facebook Insights (or analytics for other social media platforms) to find out what content is performing best with your audience so you can keep sharing similar content in the future! Don’t be afraid to test out new types of posts as well because sometimes it takes awhile for something to catch on with users.
Social media mistakes that you need to avoid
One of the biggest social media mistakes that businesses make is not using social media for marketing purposes. Another mistake is not having a social media strategy in place. Not interacting with followers and not providing valuable content are also common mistakes. businesses also make the mistake of automating their social media posts which can lead to a lack of personality and inconsistency. Not measuring results is another mistake that businesses make and finally, not using all of the features that social media platforms offer.
There are many ways to get traffic to your website free, and social media is one of the most popular methods. By utilizing the strategies listed in this article, you can increase the reach and engagement of your content, which will in turn drive more people back to your site. Remember to experiment with different types of content and keep track of what’s resonating with your audience so you can continue to create content that engages them. Do your research and stay up-to-date on the latest trends in social media to make sure you’re using the best strategies possible. Thanks for reading!
In this article, we’ve outlined some of the most important tips for getting more likes and shares on social media. The first step is to create engaging content that you know your audience will enjoy. Next, make sure it’s formatted in a way that grabs people’s attention–whether that means using images or videos, formatting text with catchy phrases like “10 Reasons”, or having an eye-catching title. You should also use hashtags related to your post topic (or industry) so it can be found by others who may share it with their followers if they find it interesting. And don’t forget about tagging other users who are likely to share the content with their own followers! Social media mistakes often come down to not utilizing these features correctly; avoiding them will help you get more likes and shares on your posts.
By following the steps outlined in this article, you’ll see an increase in reach, engagement, and results! Thanks for reading.
Filed under: Tips & Tricks