How Can I Increase My Blog Traffic With Accelerated Mobile Pages (Google AMP)
Monday, July 11th, 2022
There are many ways to increase your blog traffic, but Google AMP pages may be one of the most overlooked. AMP stands for Accelerated Mobile Pages and the idea is to provide fast loading webpages, especially on mobile devices. Have you tried Google’s AMP pages? What do you think of them? This article will explore how they work and offer some tips on how they can help you grow your site’s audience.
AMPs were created by a team at Google in order to make it easier for publishers to make their websites load faster; this was done because people want things like news articles or videos right away when they’re using their phones, which often have slower data connections than computers. Google’s AMP team also came up with a special html language that both they and many other programmers have been working on to speed things up.
These articles are typically marked by a lightning bolt symbol.
- What are Google AMP pages and how do they work
- Why should publishers use them
- How can they help you grow your site’s audience
- Tips for implementing AMPs on your website
What are Google AMP pages?
AMP stands for Accelerated Mobile Pages and the idea behind them is to provide fast-loading webpages, especially on mobile devices.
The AMP team at Google recognized that people want things like news articles or videos right away when they’re using their phones, which often have slower data connections than computers.
Google’s AMP team also came up with a special html language specifically designed to speed things up. These articles are typically marked by a lightning bolt symbol.
Why should publishers use Google AMP pages?
AMP pages have many benefits over other methods of increasing blog traffic to get free traffic on website.
- They work on all major browsers, not just Google Chrome.
- Users can still see AMP pages even if they do not have a data connection which is especially helpful in areas with limited access to connectivity.
- Just like normal webpages, you can link to them and easily share them on social media sites like Twitter and Facebook.
- They load very quickly, so your pages will be the first to come up in search results when people look for certain information online.
- AMP pages generate a lot of attention because they are visually appealing and easy to read.
- They’re mobile friendly which means that you’ll have a larger audience to interact with.
How can AMP pages help you grow your site’s audience?
Google AMP is an easy way to gain more views on posts, especially mobile posts, because most people will only have a few seconds to decide if they want to read your post or not.
AMP pages are also very easy for users to engage with because of the simple, clean design and layout. Allowing readers to engage with AMP posts is an effective way of gathering more data from them so that you can improve content.
AMP pages are also very similar to normal webpages in that you can link to them and easily share them on social media sites like Twitter and Facebook.
Tips for implementing AMPs on your website
AMP pages are very easy for users to engage with because of the simple, clean design and layout.
- Anyone can add an AMP page simply by entering in your normal website’s URL and clicking on the “Create” button.
- If you already have a WordPress site, it is very easy to add AMPs because WordPress has made it so that anyone can add AMPs to their site.
- The best way to get free traffic from AMP pages is by allowing your audience to freely share them on social media sites like Twitter and Facebook, or embed them in discussions on other websites.
- To take advantage of AMP’s ability to generate instant traffic when people are looking for certain information online, you should optimize your marketing strategies to target these terms.
- To make the best AMP pages possible, try working with a team of developers and data analysts who can help you customize how your page loads and looks so that it is optimized for mobile devices.
- Make sure that your AMP pages and normal webpages load at the same speed. This will help you to gain more traffic from multiple sources so that you can improve your site’s overall performance.
- Since Google built its search engine based on how people interact with websites (time spent – bounce rate), use this as a guide for how you should alter your content to keep people interested and coming back.
- Make sure that you focus on improving both the SEO and AMP pages for your site because if a Google search results in a slow website, it will lower your page’s overall rankings from 1-10.
- When optimizing posts for AMPs make sure that you add a lot of relevant information, images, and videos so that users stay longer on your site.
- It is also good to have a good internal linking structure so that users can find related posts for more information or to share with their friends.
AMP pages are an easy way to get your content in front of more people, especially when they’re on the go. You can drive more free traffic by using AMP-optimized marketing strategies that target specific terms; focus on improving both SEO and AMP pages for your site; make sure you add images, videos, and relevant information to posts so users stay longer on the page.
Filed under: Tips & Tricks