Get Traffic to Your Blog or E-Commerce Store Fast!
Monday, March 21st, 2022
Do you want to grow your blog or e-commerce store quickly? If so, there are many ways that can help. The first thing is to make sure your website is optimized for SEO. This will allow people to find you more easily on Google and other search engines. Next, be sure to offer a compelling call-to-action on your site so visitors know what they should do next after reading the post or viewing the product page. Finally, it’s important not only have informative content but also promotional posts about different items in order to keep traffic coming back again and again!
Ways to get web traffic to your blog or e-commerce store fast:
* Try social media, such as Facebook and Twitter!
* Pay for advertising – this is a great way to start out if you don’t want too much of an investment. You can pay someone like Google Adwords that will place ads on their search engine results pages (SERPs) based on certain keywords. If someone searches for those words, they will see the ad at the top right corner of their screen. This works really well because people are already searching online for what you offer, so why not make it easier? It’s also super cheap compared to paying $1000s per month for banner ads on webpages with no return potential since most websites are free.
* Try blogging – Blogging is another great way to get traffic to your store/blog fast because it’s sort of like pay-per-click (PPC) advertising, but you don’t have to be an expert at search engine optimization (SEO). When people search for words that are related to what your blog post covers, they’ll see your article on the first page of Google and other SERPs. The only downside with this method is that sometimes there are so many results in the SERPs that yours doesn’t stand out as much as if you were paying for PPC ads.
* Promote your business on websites like Craigslist and Kijiji – I know it sounds a little weird, but these sites can be really effective for promoting your store/blog. It works because people who use those services are usually looking to make some sort of deal or buy something they need at a cheaper price than in retail stores. You could put an ad up selling what you have for less money with free shipping if applicable (which is also great for future customers) so that when someone searches the web using keywords related to what you sell, they’ll see your website pop-up!
* Traffic exchanges – Get people on your website quickly through a traffic exchange. This is usually a free option where you view other users’ websites and in return they will view your site. If you don’t want to view other users’ websites, you can buy visits or upgrade your plan.
* Participate in forums – People who participate in online communities are usually interested in what you have to offer. They’ll either comment on a post or send you a private message asking more about your business and potentially making a purchase! This works so well because people trust the opinions of other forum users, unlike those random banner ads that don’t go over too well.
* Make videos and post them to video sharing sites like YouTube – People who watch cute cat videos on YouTube will probably be interested in what you have to offer if it’s related. If your business is pet-related, for example, you could make a short little clip of yourself talking about how great your store/blog is and add some adorable pictures of puppies/kittens! Who wouldn’t want more website traffic after all that cuteness?
* Give out free samples – This works like a charm! If you’re selling something, offer some examples for free (within reason of course). For example, if someone orders more than $100 worth on your website or blog, give them an extra product of their choice with no shipping costs. It’s essentially the same thing as paying for PPC ads because they’ll see your site when they google search what you decided to gift them with.
* Use social media tags in photos on Pinterest and Instagram – A lot of people use these sites to find inspiration for decorating their home/dressing themselves so why not help them? Pin images that have cute little hashtags at the bottom that lead back to where it all started: Your store/blog! People will start searching for those hashtags and voila, more traffic to your site/store.
* Participate in social media contests – This is similar to the above tip but a little different because it’s not as permanent. You can use these sites like Twitter or Instagram (or both) to promote yourself using what you have at hand: pictures of cute pets with funny captions, giveaways where users need to follow you on either platform if they want an entry into the contest…you get the gist.
* Post links on Craigslist – I bet most people never thought about doing this but it works so well! There are usually “for sale” sections that allow anyone who wants something specific from someone else post their ads. You could offer a product or service in exchange for something you need. For example, if someone needed to have their lawn mowed but didn’t want to pay anyone else because they just moved into the area, I would post an ad saying that my business is offering inexpensive landscaping services. They contact me and we strike up a deal where they’ll give me free food/drinks at their next party as payment so everyone wins!
* Use infographics on Pinterest – There are lots of people who use this site to find new things online so why not help them out? Make some cute little pictures with data about your business (or blog) using Canva or another similar tool. You can even make memes too! People will most likely be interested in what you have to say.
* Host giveaways on your website or blog – People love free stuff! Some websites/blogs offer contests where they give out prizes to their loyal followers but some just host them for fun or as a way of giving back to the community (like me!). It’s almost like getting paid for doing something else because hosting these giveaways usually means more traffic, comments and social shares which can lead into new business opportunities.
* Ask employees at local stores if you can post up advertisements there – Have an office supply store nearby? Offer them deals since they’ll be helping promote your company. Maybe start this off with a little bit of money that will motivate people then later ask if it would be alright for everyone if you post up little posters with your name/website on them.
* Host a contest for free products – This is similar to the giveaway tip but this one works better if you’re giving out an electronic item or something that’s easy to ship. You’ll still get exposure through social media and it would be great if other people participate as well.
* Participate in local events – This is especially useful if you own a retail store or restaurant. I’ve seen posts on the internet where people offer free food/drinks to customers who check into their business page on Facebook so why not do that? There are usually contests available for these kinds of things too!
* Host an Instagram contest – Similar to hosting giveaways, this works best with smaller prizes but they can still be exciting nonetheless.
Filed under: Tips & Tricks